Acidic Ramming Mass, also known as Silica Ramming Mass or Mix, is used in Coreless Induction Furnaces, for melting of scrap. It is a dry lining refractory that can be used for all types of iron and steel and in both mini steel plants as well as foundries.
Our VINRAM® series of high performance, dry Ramming Masses are manufactured by our mother company. The entire marketing of Ramming Masses abroad is being done by RSP Corporation. Our product quality can be adjudged by the fact that VINRAM® is being now sold in 9 countries under our own brand name and competing with all European and American manufacturers.
Ramming mix is characterized by thermal stability, corrosion resistance and wear resistance because it contains less binders, fire clay and moisture compared to plastic refractories.
- Recommended for lining the iron melting coreless induction furnace
- Premixed with binder to customer's specifications
- Maximum recommended use limit - 3092°F (1700°C)
VINRAM®, Ramming mass, is manufactured under completely controlled conditions and the formulation is prepared with consultations of major furnace manufacturers. It is best suited to control:
- Reactivity of the refractory
- Temperature in which reactivity takes place
- Sintering characteristics of the lining
- Density and strength of the lining